"It's much more fun being fat"

Yes those were the words uttered to me yesterday when I went to the library yesterday. In my quest to be fit and fab in 2011 I went to the library to get Jillian Michael's book, Master your Metabolism. Well they didn't have the book so I got the cookbook. I go to check it out and the woman looks at it and says "Oh I guess you're cooking tonight."
Me: Well yeah it's Jillian Michaels, she's a trainer so I figured I read it.
The woman chuckles and closes the book and says, "it's much more fun being fat."
Yall I was flabbergasted. I didn't know what to say so I just gave her a polite smile and left.  More fun being fat. Is she kidding me?? I didn't realize huffing and puffing up a flight of steps was fun. I didn't realize having diabetes, high blood pressure, and heart disease was fun. Let me find out that hospitals are like fun houses where all these people are having all this fun.
I think what she meant was that being fat was much easier than being healthy. Especially when unhealthy foods cost so much less than healthy options. But is it really? You end up paying in the end with your health.
Which was why I went to go pick up the book. I know my eating habits are bad. Even after reading some of it last night I went and had 2 slices of pizza today for lunch. But hey that's an improvement, I usually eat 4.

But in case you've never heard of her, Jillian Michaels is a tough as nails trainer from the show The Biggest Loser. She has workout DVD such as the 30 Day Shred which I bought about 6 months ago. It's a tough workout! But working out alone wasn't doing it for me. I know I had to change my eating habits so I bought the book. So far what I've learned from Jillian is that if it didn't have a mother or it didn't grow out of the ground you should not be eating it. She's very big on natural and organic foods. I'm going to start trying some of the recipes in her book. I'll let you know how it goes.




As far as exercise, I really wasn't feeling it today. I came home and then went shopping for new pants since I've been having what they call droopy pants because I've lost weight. But the downside was that I am between sizes. After going from a size 12 to a size 16. I am now between a 12 and 14 right now. As much as it hurt I had to get the size 14 pants because the size 12 was just too tight for work.  LOL But that motivated me though. Even though I didn't feel like it I got up at 10pm and did my workout tonight. I want to get into those size 12 by next month!!
By the way exercise is so much more fun than being fat!  I always feel good after a good workout. I never feel good after a fat day.

Comments

  1. Great post... I try to eat healthy, and think I do for the most part but... it gets to be hard. I tend to snack in the evenings.

    I'm with you about working out alone, it's not fun. In spring and summer I don't seem to mind because I can walk outside but winter is so much harder. Thinking of starting to jog in the spring or when it warms up a little. Lol, it may just kill me though being a former smoker (quit 4 years ago after 20+ yrs). Must admit it was the best thing I ever did.

    Let me know how the cookbook goes and I may get it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I Rocked and Rolled!!

Eating Right....

Motivation