Accomplishing Goals

Ok so before I start on my topic at hand I just want to say that this blog isn't all about good news and positive things and how great I feel because all though there are days I feel great there are days that I do get down. And I wouldn't be true to myself or to my readers if I didn't share them.

So everyone knows last week I started doing 2-a-days. That is working out twice in one day. Once in the afternoon and once in the evening. My goal this week was to lose two pounds. That's doable right? So I worked out everyday, some days I worked out twice in one day some days I only worked out once. But the fact is I worked out EVERYDAY! 7 days this week.
But my mistake was weighing myself everyday....
I felt like I wasn't going to accomplish my goal because that scale wouldn't budge. In fact it went UP! The nerve!!!  So I started to get a little depressed and felt like all my hard work was for nothing.  But I never gave up. Even if I felt like it was a waste of time and I wasn't accomplishing anything I still got out there and worked my heart out.
Like literally, felt like my heart was beating out of my chest. LOL

Anyways I got on the scale this morning and guess what??? SUCCESS! I lost the 2 pounds I wanted to lose and the best part was that yesterday at church people were coming up to me and asking me how much weight have I lost. Even today at work someone told me it looked like I lost a few pounds over the weekend.
That felt good to hear. It feels good to accomplish your goals and it feels even better when people take notice!  I do feel better and I do notice the difference in how I look. I swear that scale is going to be the death of me. They say you shouldn't weight yourself everyday but I can't help it! I use it a barometer on whether I ate too much that day or not. Even if it doesn't make sense too. Lots of things can make your weight fluctuate day to day, heck hour to hour. But the main thing is how you feel and how you look.
Let me tell you I felt great pulling on a pair of pants this morning that used to be tight and now I have to fold them over so that they don't fall down while I'm walking!  lol

So I can keep trekking on. I have one of these to burn off today!

Comments

  1. It's good that u r being so persistent. Don't forget, muscle does weigh more than fat, so u may not want to depend on the scale as the sole indicator... I wish I can hv ur will power :=) By the way, who was the lo-tai who drove u to get that delicious drink??? LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vivian, her name is Vivian, yes the same one who brought me a giant cookie to work. I think she's trying to sabotage my fitness plan!! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, it's a shame that Vivian has the same name as me. If I were u, I would hv stopped associating with her as she is bad influence, LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I Rocked and Rolled!!

Eating Right....

Motivation