Fitting Rooms mirrors should be banned!

 What is it about fitting room lighting and mirrors that just make you want to burst into tears anytime you try on anything. I swear those mirrors add 20 lbs. I can't count how many times I try something on in the fitting room and think it looks hideous but I give it the benefit of the doubt and buy it and when I get home it looks fantastic on me.  But more times than not especially when I'm buying jeans, I leave it in the store and vow never to return to that store again.
I went to Burlington coat Factory yesterday in a quest to buy a couple sports bras and found some work out pants that I thought I'd buy. So I gathered a few and went into the fitting room.  I swear those were the most unflattering pair of pants I've ever seen. My thighs looked horrible in them. Now I know I'm the small by any stretch of the imagination but I swear I looked like I was a size 20 instead of a size 12-14.  I quickly took them off bought my two bras and went home and put on my NY and Co. yoga pants that make my butt look FABOO! And I paraded around the house in those to make myself feel better. But it was a traumatizing experience.
I would think that the stores would want to make people look their best so they would put up low lighting and get mirrors that make you look 20 pounds lighter. I mean that's what I would do if I owed a clothing store. There is nothing flattering about fluorescent lighting.  It washes out your skin tone and make you look  like you just came out of a drug rehab center.










 Not a good look.

Comments

  1. For me, I rather the fitting room's lighting be bright than dim so that I can examine more closely whether I like it or not. Sometimes I like what I try on n then I want to rtn them when I get home (but I'm 2 lazy to n I hate to rtn stuff...) If the lighting is dim, there will hv a greater chance that I want to rtn what I've bought, he he he!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL Vivian, it's not really about the bright or dark lighting it's the ugly fluorescent lighting that I hate. No one looks good in those lights and the mirrors are terrible.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, next time I'll pay more attention to the lighting when I go to a fitting room ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you were feeling faboo!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I Rocked and Rolled!!

Motivation

Running!!!