Ballet Boot camp!!

Yes they have turned ballet into fitness exercise.  Anyone who's ever taken ballet or any other dance already know that it gives you a workout. If anyone who has seen a dancer's body and seen how tone and lean they are, that's done without lifting one pound of weights in the gym. So why wouldn't someone turn the art form into some type of fitness program.

Growing up I did all types of dance, jazz, modern and ballet. But let me say that I was not fond of ballet.  Actually I kind of hated it.  LOL Always standing on your toes, releve, my knees always popping. It was a hot mess. But one day I found myself feeling nostalgic for my teen and early 20's body and went searching for a dance class.  Most were geared towards children. But then my search lead me to something called Cardio Barre. For those who are wondering what that is. Here's a short clip.
 

I went looking for a class and found one in Coral Springs  at a place called Fusion Fitness and Yoga. I went in there on Monday after leaving LA Fitness. I walked in and met the owner, a lovely woman by the name of Debbie. She gave a list of classes and even invited me to stay for one. But I couldn't but promised to return later for the ballet bootcamp class. Which I did and had so much fun. Don't get me wrong it was a work out. My instructor an older woman by the name of Brenda was great. I was a little intimidated because I was the only one in the class. Usually when there's a room full of people you can hide in the back and slack off when the instructor isn't looking but since I was the only client all eyes were on me so I had to be on my "A" game. I was drenched in sweat by the time the hour was up. 

I love trying new things. And this place has all the things that I've been wanting to try such as kettlebell workout and TRX!   If you don't know what those are, here are some examples.  
This one is actually from Fusion Fitness. The girl in the back in the white tank top cracks me up. It's mean I know.... lol

And this is TRX!  Looks tough but so much fun!

So those two exercises are next on my to do lists. I'll let you know how they are!! LOL

Also this week I have been doing two a days. Yes I work out twice a day! One time at work during my lunch break and then after work. Let me tell you it's exhausting!!  So exhausting it took me two days to get this blog out.  LOL! 
Thanks Fusion Fitness!! 



Comments

  1. I'm not one for staying motivated, but that TRX looks fairly quick and easy. Ha! Maybe with hubby we can stay with it together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! I'm sure your hubby will love this training. And if you get the straps you don't even had have take a class since they have so many videos and workouts on You tube that you can follow. I hope my blog can get you motivated!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I Rocked and Rolled!!

Motivation

Running!!!