Still going!

Alright so I made it through my second week of Active 2 workout 9 week program. Today was mostly all cardio and a slew of lunges. My legs were screaming for mercy.  But as always I felt good afterward. I don't know why I always dread working out. I always feel good at the end of a workout. I need to retrain myself so that rather than dreading going to work out that I look forward to it.  That's going to be a tough sell.

In other news I tried one of Jillian's recipe last Friday. I made salmon covered in a pureed sauce of parsley, garlic, lemon juice,  salt and pepper. It called for basil that it cost to much at the Fresh Market. $4.99 for a like a pound.  I want to try more organic food but I'm kind of poor. LOL Anyways add a side of mushrooms filled with the parsley concoction and some tomatoes and you have a meal. Now the flavor was sort of bland to me but it was filling. I thought for sure I'd be hungry in an hour or so. But that wasn't the case. I actually didn't have another bite for the rest of the night.
In the "made my day" segment part of this post, a work colleague that  I used to see occasionally at my work gym was passing by me as I was on my way to my car this afternoon. She was coming out of the gym which I didn't even realized had opened yet. I thought it opened next week so I will be working out tomorrow, but I digress.
She saw me and she told me that I was looking good. I was cheesing! I calculated how much weight I've lost since last May and I have lost 13 pounds! I hadn't realized that it had been so much. But still miles to go before I sleep. My ultimate goal is to weigh 155 by July!  17 more pounds to go! Can we do it??

Yes we can!

Comments

  1. Miriam my dear, you are doing it! When I get back from Panama, I am going back to weight lifting. I'm going to join my gym at the community park since it is relatively cheap for residents. An unasked for tip: just cutting out milk has made me lose about 3 lbs since the 31st. I noticed that milk made my vocal chords really hoarse and raspy, so I decided that I would not drink milk anymore...and cut out the ice cream too. Here in Panama with no good Cuban Cafe con leche, it hasn't been hard...and I notice the diff in my clothing. Every little bit helps :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Sheila! Hope you're having fun on vacation! Cut out milk?? Sacre bleu!?!? Seriously, I've been thinking about cutting down on dairy. I actually bought coconut milk at the Fresh Market also. I had some this morning in my protein shake. It's different I'll say that. The coconut milk yogurt was good too. It's just going to take getting used too. But I have heard that milk was hard on the vocal chords!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I Rocked and Rolled!!

Eating Right....

Motivation