Zumba!

Ok next workout in my series "Workouts I do so you don't have too" I tried Zumba yesterday. Now this isn't my first time doing Zumba I did it once before a few months ago and didn't really care for it.  The folks in those infomercials looked like they were having so much fun that I thought why not give it another try. Maybe I was just having a bad day.  So a colleague wanted to try it and I went with her for support. She's getting back into the workout grind so I said hey why not!
So we get there at a smidgen after 2. We workout on our lunch break. So we have 1 hour to change, workout and change back. We get there and there's no instructor! WTH? According to the other students there this is a regular with Miss Zumba. She's always late. Strike number 1.
So she strolls in 15 minutes late and doesn't even apologize for being late. And why should she this is the norm with her. Anyways so she's here and I'm like let's get this show on the road. No she wants to peddle her wares. She comes in with a bag full of "Zumba" tshirts for sale. I'm like seriously you're going to sell tshirts when were supposed to be zumbing?? So that takes a few minutes. Strike 2!

So when she's done she finally gets going and we start Zumbing which I can't figure out what exactly that is. Is it salsa? is it exercise? And to make things worse she gives no instruction whatsoever!! Now I have rhythm and I kept up pretty good but it was the nonrhythmic people around me that I was afraid were going to trample me because Miss Zumba decided she wanted to do a grapevine to the left and didn't let anyone know!  Especially the one guy in the class who happened to be next to me. I guess the Zumba movements were a little too much for him so he decided to add his own twist which meant arms and legs flying EVERYWHERE! I had to duck on a few occasions so I wouldn't be clotheslined in the throat!

So we're about 20 minutes in and I've barely broken a sweat and I think I yawned once. I looked over at my colleague and she looked like she was hanging in there fairly well. I found myself looking at the time wondering when the torture was going to end. And not the good torture you feel from a challenging workout, like the one I had the day before at Bootcamp. No this is more like Sunday morning torture when just when you thought church is almost over the preacher invites "Sister Mary" to recount her hour long testimony on how she was delivered from the bondage of hell. Strike 3!

 I'm out!

So at the thirty minute mark my colleague leans over and whispers that she's hungry. And my stomach stands with her in solidarity so I throw up the deuces and I was out!


Suffice to say I will not be doing Zumba anymore. I just don't get it. I  guess if you're just looking to move around for an hour to get her heart rate up it's fine but I'm looking for a more cross-fit workout where I'm building muscle along with getting my heart rate up. I won't write Zumba off totally. I blame my lack of desire for it sorely on Miss Zumba instructor. I think she's a horrible instructor and not sure how she even has a job. And that's all I'll say about her, believe me there's more I could but I won't bash Miss Zumba anymore.But my colleague enjoyed the class and said she would return. I told her I would go with her but I'll be in the gym lifting weights while she attends the class. I just cannot do that class again.

Next in my series is SPINNING! Yes I will be Spinning this afternoon. I'm excited and apprehensive. Spinning was never something I wanted to actively try but I decided to get on the bandwagon and test it out. I'll let you guys know how I do!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Rocked and Rolled!!

Motivation

Running!!!