It's the most wonderful time of the year!

 I am a self proclaimed Christmas Freak!  Yes I am  LOL. And I'm not ashamed. Some years are better than others in my mania. But since I didn't get to decorate my house for Christmas last year because of the move I may have overcompensated this year.  Much to my husband's chagrin. In his words it looks like Christmas threw up in my house. But really it's not THAT bad.




Pink and Green Tree- 2016





I've had my fall decorations up since the end of August so I was ready to move on. But I didn't want to hide them away altogether so I moved them to the front sitting room. Which I'll probably leave there until the holiday season is over.
I wanted to continue with the Farmhouse scheme and after doing a survey of all my Christmas stuff I've collected over the  years it looked like I would be having to getting a lot of new stuff.  The year before my tree was pink and green and I was sure that I was going to continue that theme for years to come. So at all the after Christmas sales I bought a bunch of pink and green ribbons and ornaments.



But plans change! This year I fell in love with Buffalo Check patterns. I loved how the white and black buffalo check could go from fall to winter decorations seamlessly. I added red and black check mixed in with the white for Christmas.


So because 90% of my Christmas tree decorations were pink and green that meant I had to get some new ornaments for the one tree and my four wreaths. I was on a limited budget so I had to get creative and search a lot of places for the cheapest and cutest ornaments to match my theme. 

The cheapest places were of course The Dollar Tree which had some really cute stuff but I still needed some more pieces. I found some great ornaments for $1 at a place called "And That". They had a lot of cute stuff there. I had to contain myself in that store. I also visited Target and Dollar General for a few things. The ribbons I got from Jo-Ann Fabrics and Walmart.



I know a lot of people like to keep their tree with very minimal decor. Put some bulbs and a star on top and call it a day. But I'm extra so I can never do anything with a minimalist touch. After doing a little research on decorating I found that the rule of thumb when it comes to decorating trees is to fill it with ornaments using all different sizes and textures. Too many empty spaces make the tree look a little bare. My tree has a lot of ornaments but believe it or not I still want to add more. But I won't. I'm sure the kids would rather toys...haha





 I got my farmhouse inspired pillow covers from Amazon. I couldn't believe the amount of time I spent looking for inexpensive pillows. I found a couple small ones from Walmart for $5 but I wanted the bigger ones and they were going for $25 in the stores. Then I got on Amazon and found pillow covers for $5 each! All I had to do is stuff some of my old pillows in and they were all set! The "Farm Fresh" pillow cover was $10.


My absolute favorite piece is this 3 layer tiered tray. I have been coveting this thing all over Pinterest for weeks!  But these things are expensive. I've seen prices from $30 for small ones upwards to over $100 for a tray. Of course I wasn't going to pay that much for one. I was stalking a couple of ones at Hobby Lobby but there were so small for the price they wanted for it. Even when it went on sale. Then on a whim while waiting for brakes to be put on my car I went into Bed Bath and Beyond. I didn't think I'd find the tray there but an associate found the very last one they had for me and it was on sale. He told me it was the last one but it's been there for a while. I didn't have my 20% coupon with me and I couldn't walk back to the dealership with it so I told him I'd be back. I actually didn't come back until 2 days later but it was still there and I had my coupon. The Tray is actually bigger than I thought it would be and I don't think the picture does it justice but I LOVE it. Already thinking on how I'm going to decorate it after the holidays are over.
 




Lastly, I created this "JOY" sign by buying a plank board and the letters from Joann Fabrics. I spray painted the board black and painted the letters white and red. The "O" I made out of an extra wreath I had. Just added the buffalo check ribbon to it along with some small ornaments and a bow.  I placed on on top of the mantel.



Believe or not I'm still not done. Shhh don't tell my husband.  LOL. But there is a wall I'm planning on decorating. I reconfigured the family room and moved some things around which opened up a wall that I could put stuff up on.  That should be coming soon!

What's your decoration style? Are you a minimalist? More is better? Christmas Wonderland?  Let me know! 






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Rocked and Rolled!!

Motivation

Running!!!