60 Day Check In!

Can you believe it's March already?  So we are 60 days into the New Year. How many of you included losing weight and getting fit into your New Years resolution list? How are you doing so far? Are you still going strong?  Did you start and stop after the first couple weeks, did you never begin? Well if you're in the latter group then it's not too late to to start today. Last year I was of course one of those people who said I was going to start working out and lose weight.  I did a little here and there but it really wasn't until late May that I got serious about it. That was a whole five months into the new year. So it's never too late to start is the moral of this story. Fitness is a journey of a thousand miles. All you have to do is take that first step.  Nothing is too small. Even if it's a walk around your office during your lunch break, or a walk around the block after dinner tonight.  It's something more than you did yesterday right?


Those of you that have been keeping up with your goals, Gold star for you! Keep up the good work!
As I go on this fitness journey I see how easy it can be to just stop and say forget it and grab a whole pizza and sit on the couch all evening. Believe me I know the draw but then I also know that high you get after you work out. I always feel better after a workout. I can't say the same thing about eating bad and vegging out in front of the TV. I end up feeling guilty and feeling bad about myself.   So I choose to workout. Now don't get me wrong there are those days where I do veg out on the couch. But that's usually after I've worked out 3 or 4 days in a row and need a break.  Which I'm finding out that your body does need.

Just like everything else in life too much of working out isn't good for the body. It needs time to recover and build back those muscles you broke down the day before.   I was working out everyday sometimes twice a day. I figured it couldn't hurt right?

WRONG!  My body was aching in agony. My calves hurt so much I couldn't walk up and down steps. You never realize what muscles you use to do what until they are screaming in agony.  LOL But I digress.... So moral of the story is, those of you who haven't started on your resolution it's not too late!!  Pick today to be the day you start. Even if it's with a walk or picking to eat something healthy for lunch instead of something greasy and fried!

And that brings me to my next topic. I love it that now more and more restaurants are posting their nutritional content either on the menu at the store or online. It helps those of us counting calories and eating better make better informed decisions as to what to put into our bodies.  So I was looking through the Dunkin Donuts website.

I know this graphic icon doesn't conjure up healthy notions. They are known for serving fried dough known as donuts. But you can actually find some decent food there and don't get me on their coffee. It is to die for. Much better and whole lot cheaper than Starbucks. 
As I was saying about their food you can order a ham, egg and cheese on a English muffin and have a decent breakfast with 320 calories. Sweet!

But stay away from their Coolatta!

OMG a large Vanilla Bean Coolatta has 860 calories!!!!! That's like 2 meals worth of calories in one drink that doesn't have any nutritional content and is full of fat and carbs! Stay away!  You should not be drinking more than 10% of your daily intake of calories. So if your daily calorie intake is 1600 calories ( which is what I aim for everyday) than I shouldn't have anything to drink that has more than 160 calories.
My favorite drink used to be Nestea Ice tea in a 20 oz. bottle. When I realized that it was 210 calories I knew I had to give it up.


So now I drink water with all my meals. And if anyone knows me know I can't stand drinking water with my food. I want something sweet! So what I do now is I eat a piece of fruit.  So instead of drinking orange juice with my breakfast I now eat an orange. I get all the benefits of the juice without all the calories and sugar that is loaded in the juice aisle at your favorite supermarket.  
So as I'm about to dig into my egg and cheese sandwich my orange is sitting on the side looking real tasty!  So I must leave you now!

Comments

  1. So, in the middle of reading this I stop so I can do some Wii fit plus....because of you.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww Ang, that made me smile! :) Good job!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I Rocked and Rolled!!

Motivation

Running!!!