My addiction

So they say when you start working out you become addicted to it. Whether it be Spinning, running, weight training. I can see how that's true since you can get such a high after working out that you want to be doing all the time.  Now while I love working out and enjoy that workout high you get afterwards I've seem to have gotten a different kind of addiction.

I'm addicted to buying workout clothes!!  Every shopaholic knows about that shoppers's high. Sports bras, leggings, shirts, sneakers. You name it and I'm all over it!Nothing excites me more then when I get a email in my inbox stating "Your package has shipped." It's like Christmas and my birthday  all rolled into one.  My husband just rolls his eyes whenever a package comes in the mail for me. Now when I go shopping instead of heading to the dresses or to the kid's clothing where I found myself a lot lately. But that was more because I hated shopping for myself because of my size.  But now I find myself in the fitness section before anything else. Let me tell you the best places to buy this stuff is at Burlington Coat Factory or Ross, TJ Maxx and stores like that. They have all the name brand stuff at the fraction of the cost . At the Nike store they have sports bras for $25-30. At Burlington you can get the same thing for $7.99! Yeah baby!  I must say my favorite bra right now is Russell Brand. It holds my girls nice and tight.

Let's not even talk about how many leggings I have with the price tag still on.....

But my favorite thing to buy are shoes!! 

They're pink, what's not to love? 
Since last month I've bought 3 pairs of sneakers. two of which are still in boxes.  It's crazy but who could  resist these?? These are the K Swiss Tubes Run 100. I love these shoes.  The first day I ran in these shoes I swear I ran faster. They are so light on my feet and I love the color.  Only problem with them was that usually sneakers run a half size bigger than your regular shoe size but these run true to size so the one I bought was too big. Being the great sister that I am I gave them to my sister when she came to visit since they fit her perfectly. So I went back to DSW to buy another pair and to my horror they were out! I almost had a meltdown in the store. You should have seen me walking around the store in complete denial. The sales guy kindly told me to order it online. Like I didn't think of that already. Luckily I'm a DSW rewards member so not only did I get free shipping but because I purchased these shoes two weeks ago it gave me enough points for a $10 reward certificate. So I got my new kicks for $63 plus tax and free shipping and they are on their way.  I can't wait because I really miss running. Which by the way is really weird. Maybe I am addicted to running too....


Alright in my series "Exercises I do so you don't have to do them and look like a fool..." (Pheww what a title) What's so special about the elliptical machine you ask? Well  nothing really except did you know you can increase your resistance?? I've been using that machine for years and I don't think my resistance ever went past 3. So sad I know. But last week and today I did the "Cross-training" workout on it and it takes your resistance up to 13!  It goes up in increments from 2 up to thirteen, I swear when it gets to 11 I feel like I've run into a brick wall. Forget about 13. My heart rate is beating at 178 beats per minute by that point and I feel like i walking through molasses. I did 35 minutes today which for me that's a lot. I used to be the person that used to be dying on the machine after 15 minutes. Now that's considered a warm up for me.  LOL
So those of you still on resistance 1, crank it up! You'll be glad you did!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Rocked and Rolled!!

Motivation

Eating Right....