What I did on my Spring Break....

So you remember those days in elementary school when you got up in front of class and told everyone what you did for your summer vacation. Well I'm going to tell you what I did on my spring break. I'm fortunate that I work at a community college that actually gives employers the week off along with the students. Believe me I really appreciate this perk along with the two weeks off during Christmas.  
Anyway so I had a week off to do whatever I pleased and what did I do you ask? Well I worked out of course!  I did all the things I wish I could do if I wasn't stuck in a office all day long.
I'm trying to remember what I did on Monday but for some reason it's not coming to me.  But I know it was a tough and grueling work out!  LOL  This is why I need to write down my workouts.

On Tuesday I did Spinning at LA Fitness!
Okay technically this picture was taken on Thursday but I had no camera man with me on Tuesday



This was so much fun. I pedaled 15 miles! I was proud of myself! I think I found a new obsession! And it doesn't hurt that you burn a million calories while Spinning! Ok maybe not a million but you can burn upwards of 500 calories in 45 minutes. That's pretty awesome. And another thing about Spinning is that it is not hard on your joints like running can be. On those days you want to do pure cardio this is your exercise!! 

Then later that evening a friend called me and told me she was going to the gym so I tagged along with her and we worked our arms.  This is me trying to do pull ups. Hate them. Never could do them ever since the 6th grade!! But lately I'm finding myself doing a lot of things I never used to be able to do. So maybe one day I can do pull ups unassisted!  For now I have 100 pound weights helping to lift me up. LOL




On Wednesday I took a break and spent the day with my son. First we went to the library for storytime, then to Yogurtland and finally to the park. You'd think the boy would be exhausted and take a nap but noooooo. He didn't take his nap until almost 4 and slept until past 6. Mind you his bedtime is around 8 so I guess you can assume that he did not go to bed until 10!


Thursday was my wedding anniversary and of course I was in charge of events for the day and you can imagine my husband's groan when I told him I wanted go Spinning.  But when we got there the class was full so instead we did the Stairmaster and then worked on legs which included jump squats.That's what I'm doing on the left. 
But let me tell you that I was amazed how packed the gym was on a Thursday morning. My husband was like "these people don't have jobs?"  I laughed.
But as I looked around I did find that it was mostly woman, who were probably stay at home moms, or older men. Like I'm talking 60 and up, all probably retired. It's good that they are still trying to stay in shape. They all looked pretty good for their age.  I hope to be still working out when I get to that age. After the gym we got manicures and pedicures and had lunch at a fabulous Thai restaurant in Boca then hubby cooked us dinner. I know fish is supposed to be good for you but Tilapia has to be the most boring fish in the world to eat. 

And with that we come to the day I finally did the one exercise I've been wanting to do since I laid eyes on it and that was TRX. I don't have pictures but I will next week when I do it again. It was so hard but so awesome at the same time. The instructor was this little woman who looked around my age or a little older and who doesn't have an ounce of body fat on her body! She was real nice especially since she knew it was my first time. So she helped me out and made sure my form was correct with all my moves. Some of the exercises were just too much for me so I didn't complete them all but I still got a hi-five at the end! LOL She was pretty impressed with what I did especially since it was my first time. But I worked hard on the moves I could do. I know I'm going to be so sore tomorrow. I can already feel it in my legs.

Here's one more picture of me doing Kettlebell over 2 weeks ago. The woman to the far right is Lobuv. She's tough but she's great!  I love Kettlebell!! I want to get one really bad but I don't know if I would use it at home. I just have visions in  my head of me working out and my son who loves to follow me everywhere would walk right into my line of sight as I'm swinging 10 pounds of pure metal and knock him out and sending him to the hospital with a concussion or worse a broken skull. Sorry my mind goes there.  So instead I will have to settle for going to see Lubov once a week!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Rocked and Rolled!!

Motivation

Running!!!