Success and Motivation

I find that success fuels my motivation to continue working out. It's hard to stay motivated when you're working out, especially when you don't see any results. But you have to push through an keep going. For me I have my husband who cheers me on and pushes me to keep going and don't give up.  But I always have another cheerleader which is my two year old. I just have to share this story.  When I'm working out my son is usually playing with his toys but every once in a while he'll turn to me and say "Go momma Go!!" It is the cutest thing and how could you not want to work harder with a cute little cheerleader like that cheering you on.  LOL

Well thanks to my two cheerleaders I didn't give up and I have finally reached one of my goals! I am finally down to my pre-baby weight.  Since last May I have lost 20 pounds. I'm so proud of myself. I didn't think it would ever happen. But it doesn't stop here I still have 15 more pounds to go to get to my ideal weight. But something I learned along this journey was that getting fit and losing weight isn't a destination. It's one of those journeys that go on forever. You can never get to a point and say ok that's it I don't need to exercise or eat right anymore. That's why fad diets don't work. You have to change your whole mentality when it comes to food and exercise.
That brings me to my goal I accomplished this week. I ran a whole mile without stopping once.  I have never done this in my whole life! I follow Jillian Michael's on Facebook and last week she posted a challenge for everyone to run/walk a mile everyday Monday - Friday. So I decided to take the challenge. I thought I would just run until I couldn't anymore then walk but as I got around my neighborhood I realized that I didn't feel the need to stop. I just kept going and going. I was so shocked. Then I did it the next day convinced that the day before was a fluke but lo and behold I ran it again plus a little more. But the end of the week I was trying to go two miles but didn't quite make it. But I'm not going to stop.  My next goal is to sign up for a 5K run some time in the summer, My co-worker who runs a lot asked me to sign up with her. I'm seriously thinking about it. Since I'm meeting my weight goals I need something else to strive for so that I don't just stop working out and start gaining weight again.
I did spinning once again this morning. I made it. That's all I'm going to say about that.  LOL I will be doing TRX tonight. I can't wait. I hope to have pictures of me on that contraption.  And I'll have the words of my little cheerleader in my head as I pray for it to end. "Go momma go!"

Comments

  1. Awesome! Way to go Mimi! And you ARE gonna run a 5K with me! You've come so far and doing so will be a crowning accomplishment! I might even have to make you a medal and certificate to display at work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Tameara! I'll sign up just for the medal and certificate. LOL When's the one you were talking about supposed to happen? I have another friend that's interested also.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a Memorial day race in Wweston. Runners get a pancake breakfast afterwards! I'll send you a link. I can find other races if that date doesn't sound appealing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I Rocked and Rolled!!

Eating Right....

Motivation