My Weekend

I had a minor setback this weekend. I ate awful awful food. But it wasn't my fault. My sister came to visit with her family and we were on the go all day all weekend.  There was no time to cook so that left going out to eat. Saturday we went shopping for a dress for a gala we were going too that night. We spent two hours trying on dresses and didn't like any of them and left the store buying a tank top. LOL

Afterwards we had lunch at Pollo Tropical. I had their Chipotle Grilled Chicken  sandwich with rice and beans.  It was so good while eating it but I felt bloated for the rest of the evening. I had to put on some shapewear to keep my belly down.  I didn't eat much at the gala because my stomach was aching.  But did you think that stopped me the next day.....
 Well yes for at least the first half of the day. My husband made an egg omelet for breakfast before we went to church. After church I went to my other sister's house. She suggested Pollo Tropical ( we love this restaurant here lol) or Kentucky Fried Chicken. I would never be caught dead eating KFC and I was not going there with Pollo again. So I offered to cook lunch over at her house. I bought a flank steak and red cabbage and carrots.  It was a meal that was on Jillian Michael's "Jump Start Diet" Which you can find  HERE

My sister and brother in law were skeptical of the red cabbage and I don't blame them. I've never had cabbage until I tried this recipe and learned that cabbage was alright. I'm learning a lot of food I used to shun I'm starting to actually like now. I find eating healthy opens up my menu instead of limiting it as I previously thought.

But it's hard to find anything healthy at 11pm. Sunday night I went to church again and then hung out talking until 11. When we left we were all starving and stopped at the first place open and unfortunately was Burger King.  I ordered a Jr. Whopper. I thought how bad could the little burger be.

It's so cute!
Well this little burger has a whopping 520 calories and that's without the mayo!!   The reason I  looked up the calorie information was because my sister and I got into a discussion on which had more calories, my burger or her 4 piece chicken tenders. I was so sure my burger had less calories. But in my burger's defense the bun alone was 300 calories. So next time I know to skip the bread if I so desire a jr.whopper again.

I'm still trying to get back on track for exercise and eating clean. My stomach has been in agony all week. I think I officially can't eat out anymore. I always end up with some stomach and bloating issues in the days following.  I've been eating better but I have my slip ups.
I'm finding it real hard to eat right on days when I'm not at home. If I spend the day out I end up eating out and even the "healthy" choices aren't really that healthy. I guess I could plan all my meals in advance and take them with me but I'm not there yet.  LOL That takes too much planning and organization that I just don't have right now.
Anyone have any suggestions on how to eat right when out and about??

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Rocked and Rolled!!

Motivation

Running!!!