Picture Day!



Alright so it's picture day today.  For the last four months I've been chronicling my journey in this blog. What you didn't know was that I was also taking photos of myself once a month, sort of like a visual blog to follow also.  The last four months have certainly been a journey.  As I look back on the photos I must say even I was surprised at the results.  When you lose weight I swear you're the first person and last person to see it.  In the beginning when you're losing 2, 3,and  7 pounds you notice it when your clothes start to get a little loose. But after a while you stop noticing the weight loss and then that's when everyone start noticing. I swear I lost 15 pounds before people really starting commenting on it.  Sometimes I have to take a step back and look at my self and say "dang what do they see" because their reactions are so  out there. Looking back on these photos I know see what they see and even I must say "Wow Miriam"  LOL Alright it here it goes.
I must give a shout-out to my husband who took all my pictures, begrudgingly of course but he had no choice as you can see I was standing in front of the TV.  LOL 

January 2011
This is me at the beginning of this year. Although January wasn't the actual beginning of my weight loss journey. It was when I decided to really kick it into gear.  So this is me after already losing 10 pounds. Yikes.





February 2011








This to the right was me in February.  I could already see a major difference between January and February. My stomach is a lot smaller and my arms have slimmed out. But the major difference is my face.  I always lose weight in my face first. It would be nice if the same thing happened to my hips and thighs.  LOL

March 2011 I love my biceps!

In the month of March is when my weight loss started getting noticed by more people. The thing I'm most proud of is my biceps as you can see here. My little vain moment confession. I love staring at my arms when I'm combing my hair because my biceps pop out.  LOL! I know I'm a mess!


And this is finally April. Even I was surprised by this outcome.  I mean I weigh myself everyday ( it's an obsession. My husband had to take the battery out of the scale once.)  I take my measurements once a week and I see the numbers decreasing but in my mind I still see that girl from the January photo. I still see the plump face, round belly and big butt. Well I still have the big butt but I can really see how my face has slimmed out, and so have my arms and look at my abs!!  I am totally going to rock that bikini this summer! I'm on target with my weight loss goal. My goal was to be 155  by June. As of April 28th I'm already at 158 so I can cross that goal off my list.  I need to set a new goals for June!  One of which includes running a 5k, yikes!! 
 
So that's my journey thus far.  I must say I am very surprised myself how far I've come along.  Thanks for coming along with me!  So with that I leave you with a few pictures from the last year and a comparison from my sorority conference last year and the one this year. 


May 2010 This wedding I attended was what prompted me to start working out again.
My July 2010 meeting Steve Burton! I was 178lbs here.
( Jason Morgan is my TV boyfriend, shhh don't tell my husband!)
April 2010 @ 185lbs

                      April 2011@ 159lbs

Comments

  1. Wowee Kazowee!!! You didn't look heavy to me in the first pic but you look stunning in the April one. I'm so proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you ladies!! It's been an amazing journey. Who knew fitness could be so much fun!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I Rocked and Rolled!!

Motivation

Eating Right....