Guess who's back?

It's me!  Yes I'm back blogging again.  Talk about a roller coaster ride I've been on the last few years.  My last post was 2 and half years ago.  I can't believe how much time has passed.  But I've had many changes in my life since then.  Biggest change is that after 30 years I have left the state of Florida.
I moved to Florida from Connecticut when I was 12.  So basically I've called Florida home for most of my life. The thought of moving to another state terrified me. I loved living in Florida! Tropical weather all year long, easy access to the beach, hurricanes, alligators swimming in your nearest canal... ok maybe the last couple items weren't fun but you took the good with the bad.


Husband's first office party! 
Then my husband got a great opportunity at a company based out of Atlanta, Ga. I didn't want to move but this was a great opportunity for him and his career. The goal was for me to find a position here in higher education here in Georgia. So we packed up our house, and the kids and rode out to Atlanta. We actually found a house 30 miles north of the city.  It's a nice quiet city.  I like it so far.  I wish sometimes to be closer to the city but then I see the traffic and say "I'm good!"  LOL



When we first got to Georgia on December 23rd. Yes you heard that right, day before Christmas Eve it was so cold!  I immediately missed my warm Florida humid weather. It stayed below freezing for weeks! It even snowed!
 
We had so many people telling us that this was not a normal Georgia winter when they found out that we just moved to here. The snow was fun for a few minutes but then I wanted to go back to Florida. 
I do look cute in winter gear! 


Along with the change of climate and terrain, one of my favorite things to do, running, was almost non existence. The weeks turned into months and it was still freezing, but I was heading the gym everyday. There was a fitness instructor that I loved. I did step aerobics, Bootcamp and Spinning class with her.  The few rare days the weather was warm enough I did take a hike up and down Kennesaw Mountain and up and down the many hills of Georgia. That is when the knee pain started....

Therapy sessions at Addison Clinic 
This was in April and I had a nagging knee pain.  I thought it would just go away but it got worse. It didn't help that I did not stop exercising. But it got to the point where I couldn't do anything that involved bending my knee. Towards the end of April a new friend I made at church invited to me to go see the chiropractor where she worked. He quickly diagnosed me with Knee tendinitis.  I went through a couple weeks of treatment and my knee started feeling better. But I was ordered to rest.


So because of that I started gaining weight. Which is sort of depressing but I'm not going to let it get me down.  Just going to see what I can do without my leg falling off.  LOL.




My bestie came to visit
First trip up Kennesaw Mountain








My time wasn't so bad even with the hills! 
First 5K as Georgia resident





















As far as a job I haven't found one yet so I'm taking advantage of this lull in my career to see if there is something else I want to do instead. I actually have something in mind and going to pursue that to see how it pans out. I'll let you know how it goes!  














Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Rocked and Rolled!!

Motivation

Eating Right....