California vacation!

OMG! I finally figured out how to revert my blogger back to its old format. The new format wasn't working for me AT.ALL and was making it virtually impossible for me to create a new blog! And boy do I have lots to talk about!  I know many of you have missed my blogs. I know this because you told me so.  So glad you guys enjoy my ramblings!!

Okay so now that I'm back I have so much to say but don't know where to start.... Quite a dilemma.
Well just to let you know what I've been up too the last few months.  This summer as zoomed by. How is it August September already??  As far as exercise go, it's been going pretty well. Things kind of took a dip in July when I went to California on vacation. Talk about eating everything in sight.  I swore I was hungry every hour on the hour! LOL My travel mates were begging me to take a pregnancy test just to make sure. I knew that wasn't the case.....

The food in California was amazing awesomness!  I swear I didn't have a bad meal anywhere I went to eat. There were places like Bread Bowl, Cheesecake Factory, Crust Pizza, Evo Kitchen.... and the list goes on.
 It was a miracle that I didn't gain more weight than I did! 








Fryman Cannon


One good thing about vacations is that you do more walking and moving around then you would normally do when you're at home.  And I did make use of the hotel gym much to the dismay of my roommates. I, of course, dragged them down to the gym with me and engaged them in some circuit training.  I think they enjoyed it.....  I think.


BGR-Los Angeles Rocks!


I liked trying to incorporate fitness somehow into my vacations.  To me it adds something to the vacation to know that I didn't really go off the deep end and didn't let my new active lifestyle take a vacation also.I made an effort to incorporate active things, such as joining BGR-Los Angeles on a run. They were so gracious to host one outside their regular schedule just for me!

That's one of the perks of being apart this great group!  No matter where you travel you can potentially hook up with a run/workout buddy and still get some fitness in! 
BGR has changed my life fitness wise so much!  It's so motivating to see like minded women want to get physically active and fit. It's not just about losing weight or being a certain size. It's about empowering women to be the best person they can be health wise.  But I'll blog more about BGR in my next blog post. Which don't worry won't be 6 months from now.  Haha.


The rest of my days in California when I wasn't working out or looking for food was spent sightseeing and goofing around with my friends.  
This happened on our walk to In N Out Burger. I was really happy about that cheeseburger!!!  LOL!


Bottom half is our drive up the Malibu Coast. So PRETTY!!

Griffith Observatory




It's not often I take a "Girls' Vacation" but I must say I really had an awesome time in California with just the girls.  I got to meet a lot of new people who I keep in contact even now through twitter and Facebook. 

My roomies!! Love them!



Of course no trip to California is complete without my requisite picture with Steve Burton











 



As a point of reference this picture below is me with Steve in 2010.....
















I think we've both lost weight since then.  LOL. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Rocked and Rolled!!

Motivation

Eating Right....