PRR or bust!




Hello boys and girls!  It's me again. The inconsistent blogger. Ha! I should totally change the name of my blog to that  LOL!  But I'm back at it again.  I'm so excited. I was accepted into the Peachtree Road Race for the 4th of July this year. I had to enter the lottery this year because I didn't join the Atlanta Track Club, which guarantees you entry. I entered the lottery on March 15th and they let us know if we were accepted on April 2nd.  I happen to be up (insomnia) at 2am and checked my email and sure enough I got the email telling me I was in! I would have been so disappointed if I wasn't selected. Next year I'm just going to go ahead and join the Atlanta Track Club to guarantee my entry because waiting to see was too nerve racking.

If you don't know what the Peachtree Road Race (PRR) is, it's the biggest 10K (6.2 miles) race in the US, if not the world. There are over 60,000 participants in this race.  I completed the race last year which I did blog about here. It was so much fun and truly enjoyed myself, even with me being injured.  This year I hope of course to break my time from last year, which shouldn't be that hard to do.  But I do plan on training for the race. I started this week. My plan is to incorporate at least 3 run days a week and 2 cross training day. Of course, stretch, stretch stretch, my downfall.  So far I've only had 2 run days this week, but who's counting.  My hope is that this pollen situation calms itself down here in Atlanta. It's been so bad the past few weeks. I have to take pills and nasal sprays every day just to survive. This never happened to me in South Florida.



Today, as part of my PRR training, I took a hike up Kennesaw Mountain with Burn Boot Camp. We only went half way up the mountain but in between run/walking we did lunges, frog leaps, bear crawls, side shuffles and sprints. All going up hill. We were all pretty much down by round two. Thankfully the instructor had mercy on us and didn't make us do round 3, we just ran back down the mountain.  Burn Boot Camp has been hosting pop-up boot camps for the past 7 weeks in anticipation of their new gym opening up in a week.  I've enjoyed the boot camps I've attended and will be checking out the gym when it opens later this month.

Frog leaps





So on top of all of that my sisters, sister in law and cousin have decided to start a fitness challenge. Between mommyhood, school and working the pounds have come a creeping. We've created a GroupMe group to help keep ourselves accountable and to encourage one another. So it's going to be an interesting few weeks. I hope not to be so inconsistent in my fitness and in this blog! Help keep me accountable!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Rocked and Rolled!!

Motivation

Running!!!