I'm famous!

Ok not really but I am in print. And unlike the Kardashians or the Lohan's of the world I was featured for one of my favorite passions right now and that's health and fitness!!   Back in early October Self Magazine had asked the masses to send in their weight loss success story to their magazine, especially those who had used their Jump Start Diet.  So I wrote to them telling them of my weight loss journey and how the Jump Start food plan really helped me along my journey.  It really made me realize that I was eating all wrong!  Like we're talking all kinds of wrong. My portion sizes were out of control, I was eating out ALL the time and even when I cooked it was processed/packaged foods.
This plan taught me how to eat better and make more nutritious selections.  So anyway I told Self Magazine all of this and of course attached some photos and a couple weeks later one of the editors contacted me!  I was so excited!  She called me and we chatted, then I was sent out to take some fabulous pictures.  The instructions said to take them outside with lush greenery in the background or a plain background on a sunny day. You'd think living in south Florida that wouldn't be a problem, but nooooooo a tropical storm decided it wanted to linger around South Florida sending bands of rain for DAYS!  Yes days.  Everytime I thought about going outside it would start raining. But finally we have a moment of sunshine and the photo shoot was on!


Here are a few outtakes....


























I sent in the photos and after a couple more phone calls and emails back and forth all I had to do is sit and wait for the magazine to come out. Felt like an eternity!!  But finally second week of December I got an email from the editor, Allison, that the magazine was ready and that she was going to forward me a copy! I couldn't wait! It took four days to get to me but January issue of Self Magazine finally arrived on Thursday!  I was so excited. I was out running errands after work but purposely went home just to check the mail and then left again to continue running my errands.  LOL! The layout came out great. I wasn't sure what picture they were going to use since I sent them more than a few but I was satisfied with the end result. Thank you Self Magazine!  Go pick one up they are on sale now!! 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I Rocked and Rolled!!

Motivation

Eating Right....