It's been a while!

Been a while since I blogged so I figured I just type until I can finally come up with an actual topic to write about. LOL I'm still on my 5 day workout schedule but I did have a little hiccup. I got my hair done at the end of May. And anyone following this blog since the beginning know when that happens somehow working out takes a back seat. I wasn't too bad this time around. I did workout the day after but then I didn't do anything for two days after that.

The weirdest thing happened. I missed working out! Can you believe that? LOL I actually missed and more than that I felt extremely guilty for not working out. So I got back on the saddle so to speak and got over my hair issue. Besides I've been doing a lot of reading on the internet on how to take care of our hair after working out. Actually I found a lot of "How-To" videos on you tube. So I've spent the last 2 weeks in the hair store buying all kinds of products to help restore my hair. A new paddle brush, leave-in Conditioner, a new shampoo, a deep conditioner All the sweating has been sapping the moisture and causing a lot of hair breakage. The trick is to moisturize. A LOT. I noticed a lot less hair breakage in the last week since I've started my new hair regimen. Can't have my body looking tight and my hair is a mess!

But you have to be careful with your hair, I did a lot of messing around with my hair and something I used made my hair break off pretty bad. I think I may have over protein-ed my hair. I'm a little depressed about it and now the next time I go to the hairdresser she's going to chop it all off. But it's only hair and it will grow back.




My lunch
Anyway, at the beginning of June Shape Bikini Body Tour came to South Beach. Me and couple of my friends ( sorority sisters) went down there. It was a full morning and into the afternoon of working out. I had so much fun. I will definitely do this event again next year. We had a lot of fun over the course of the day where we did Zumba, Kettlebell, Ab workout and a workout called "booty on the beach" that toned legs and buns. Had an awesome lunch of salmon and mushrooms.



This month had a lot of things going on for me. At the beginning of this month I had hit a plateau. It seemed no matter what I did my weight wouldn't budge. well let me revise. It would move alright, it would go up but refused to go down. the last half of May and up until last week my weight stayed the same. I was a little down about that but I had to remind myself that this was fine. I had reached the goal weight I was aiming for since January. I had set a 155lbs by June1 st as my goal. As you all know I hit that mark at the end of April. So I guess I couldn't complain too much. but I wanted to push further. Not only do I want to get rid of fat I want to build muscle also. So I continued to exercise 4-5 days a week and try to eat right. It wasn't until last week I busted through my plateau and had a 5 pound weight loss. I'm finally down to 148 now.

This week I made a vow to eat clean. Meaning no processed foods, no fast foods, nothing but good old fashion home cooking. I want nice flat abs when I debut my bikini on the 4th of July! Woohoo! Can't believe summer is already here. Seems like yesterday I made a vow in January to lose all this weight for this season. I'm proud of the progress I've made.

Smokey Mountains
My family reunion is coming up very soon. I will be traveling and that worries me because it's so hard to eat right when on the road. I will be bringing my exercise clothes and some equipment and my cousin has already told me to take her with me when I go workout. I hope to have everyone on the fitness trail with me on our family vacation. It's always fun to workout with friends. That will be one way to hold of the pounds. The only thing I can hope for is that I not gain any weight rather than concentrate on losing weight. It's the best I can do on this vacation.
Wish me luck!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Rocked and Rolled!!

Motivation

Eating Right....