Let's Eat Clean!

What do you mean eating clean Miriam? I don't eat off the floor or dig threw the dumpsters for dinner!   Well that's not what I mean by clean eating.  Eating clean is the new catchphrase that is used to describe a person who eats natural whole food.  It's sad that our society must categorize food into areas such as real food and fake food, or like some people like to call Frakenfood.  That's food that's put together in a lab somewhere. 
Clean eating also scares people because they think it means eating plain boring food with no flavor. But that couldn't be further from the truth. Eating clean simply means getting your food source from it's most natural source.  So dinner every night doesn't have to be bland chicken breast with broccoli and brown rice.
 You can still eat hamburgers and fries! No I'm not joking. Only thing is you'll have to get lean meat and eat it on whole wheat bread. And cut up some sweet potatoes to make into fries.  Presto!  A clean meal!
If you love pizza like myself then instead of buying it from a chain like Papa john's or Dominoes. You can get a ready made pizza crust, add some tomato sauce, you own spices and tons of veggies on it.  Presto! Clean pizza!
I know no one has the time or energy to cook everyday so that is when it becomes important to cook in batches. Buy a whole chicken cook it and store the leftovers to add to any meal. This is also when the crockpot or slow cooker becomes your best friend!  Just prepare the ingredients the night before, in the morning throw it all in the pot and turn it on and you'll come home to your home smelling delicious!
Last night I needed some chicken broth but didn't feel like going to the store.  I found a recipe online on how to make my own broth.  And the bonus points was that I needed to cook my chicken breasts that have been sitting in the fridge for 2 days. I didn't want it to go bad but wasn't sure what I wanted to do with the chicken. 
I'll post the recipe later
There are so many ways I can prepare shredded chicken that I don't really have to worry about what to cook for dinner.  Tonight I ended up making some shredded chicken with chickpeas with curry and cumin added to it, blended with the leftover vegetables from the chicken broth I made last night,  served with a homemade whole wheat tortilla.  It was so good. 






So if you want to join me in the clean eating challenge let me know! I will help you get started with a list of foods you need to have in your pantry and fridge and a chart to help you plan out your meals for the week.  Clean eating takes a little planning in order to be successful.  If you're in you can leave me a message below or tweet me or leave a message on facebook!  Can't wait to get started!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Rocked and Rolled!!

Motivation

Running!!!