Blackberry Cobbler-Yum!



Here's another recipe that I found online and tried for myself! This one comes from the Toneitup.com girls. Karena and Katerina.  I mentioned these girls and their site back in May.  I love this website and these trainers.Why? Because not only are they uplifting and motivating their website is the bomb. You can find all sorts of healthy and clean recipe, workout routines and beauty tips on their site. On Twitter and Facebook  they are always inspiring you to workout and giving out challenges to do throughout the day. 
Well when they posted this recipe I just had to try it. I was having a sweet tooth craving and this came about right on time!  



BLACKBERRY COBBLER
Melt 1 stick Earth Balance 'butter' stick in a 9x12 baking pan as you bring your oven to 350 degrees.
Add in dish:  8 cups blackberries, fresh or frozen and 1 cup honey
In a separate bowl, mix together 1 1/2 cups each:  all purpose flour, organic light brown sugar, almond milk.  Add 1 1/2 tsp baking powder.
Add mixture to blackberries in dish and bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.  Sprinkle with cinnamon.

Serves 8






I happen to have a bag of frozen blackberries that's been sitting in my freezer for weeks now so this recipe was a great opportunity to pull them out and actually use them. I only made this for 2 people so I of course had to scale down the recipe to fit my needs.  I have to admit I was a little skeptical about this little dessert but here was my end result.  I baked mines in a oven proof bowl.  It looked a little sketchy when I pulled it out the oven but believe me it was pretty good. And makes an awesome topping for ice cream...you didn't hear that from me!
Enjoy!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Rocked and Rolled!!

Motivation

Running!!!