Back in the saddle... not so fast

So as I previously blogged about I've been trying to get back on my fitness game.  And let me tell you it's not as easy as I thought it would be.  Everyone keeps saying that I'll be back to my old self in no time but for me it's not happening fast enough.  And on top of that I've been having setbacks.   
First thing I did was buy some new running shoes since my old ones had holes in them.  I went to the running store and learned that my regular shoe model was discontinued and Asics came out with a new model, the GT-2000.  Now the woman who fitted me at the running store gave me a 9.5 shoe.  I knew it was too big but she was the "expert" so I went with it. Well after running 2 days in them my foot, ankle and knee were killing me. So I took them back ( you get 2 weeks to return them).  Then I was given a half a size smaller. I thought that would do the trick, but nope ankle and knee still hurt when I ran.This was a blow to the system. So I tried running in my old shoes to see if it was the shoe that was the problem or me. And turns out it's me.


I remember a couple years ago my knee did the same thing when I ran and I remember my trainer telling me to foam roll my legs. So I broke out the foam roller and used it on my legs. Talk about AGONY and PAIN!!  Anyone whoever  foam rolled should feel my pain, literally.  I mean real pain. But it's a sign of tight muscles. Those same tight muscles down the side of my leg ( Called the IT Band) that's pulling on my knee as I run.  After foam rolling, my knee didn't ache so bad the next morning. I'm going to keep at this and hopefully get to the point where my knee is back to normal.
It's not all bad news. I have been increasing my speed the last few days.  So that is encouraging.  I'm starting to see muscle definition in my legs and my belly looks just a little bit flatter today.  LOL.  It's the little things.
 Right now I'm only working out about twice a week.  I need to increase that to about 4 days a week if I want to see any real results.  And of course there's the whole food aspect of this weight loss journey. 
It is in the past week that I'm finally getting my portions smaller and not eating every piece of cake and cookie I pass. LOL.  This has been a serious addiction all throughout my pregnancy and even after. Baby steps.


Comments

  1. Have you taken a look at all of the new fitness technology gadgets out on the market?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I Rocked and Rolled!!

Motivation

Eating Right....